Here goes, my first recipe blog! I’d like to start with a disclaimer: I’m not a chef. I don’t do elaborate, fancy meals. I do quick, budget friendly meals that I find to be rather tasty. They often involve a crock pot so I can set it and forget it. And very common ingredients you will find in my recipes are: chicken, potatoes and cheese. This recipe has 2 of the 3!
I originally found this recipe on Food.com and made my own adjustments as I hate mushrooms but love cheese. For the original, less cheesey recipe, click here.
8 white potatoes
1 lb of ham steaks
2 cups of shredded cheese
10.5 ounces of cheddar cheese soup
- Poke a few holes in your potatoes and microwave them for 3 minutes. This will make them soft.
- Slice potatoes and put them on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Dice the ham and layer it on top of the potatoes.
- Dice an onion and layer that on top of the ham.
- Pour 2 ounces of shredded cheese, which ever kind you like best, though I warn you mozzerella will be very sticky if that’s what you choose.
- Pour the cheddar cheese soup on top.
- Put the lid on the crock pot and cook for 5 hours on high or 10 hours on low.
That’s it. One of my very easiest recipes! That’s why we have it pretty much every other week in this house!
Let me know what you think or if you made any changes to the recipe yourself.