My husband is a taco addict. We have tacos at least once every 2 weeks, but sometimes it’s more of a weekly thing. So that means I very often have a bunch of left over chopped up veggies in my fridge. And I refuse to let them go to waste. Often they get tossed to into some scrabbled eggs come the weekend. But recently I came up with another solution for these lonely veggies.
I took this recipe from Appetizer Girl and just added to it. All it took was:
- 3 cups of shredded chicken
- 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower mixed together
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- Whatever leftovers you have from your tacos last night (for me this is usually peppers, onions and tomatoes.)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
- garlic powder and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350. Mix the first 4 ingredients together and pour into a baking dish. Then top with a cup of shredded cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes.