Since having Lennon I haven’t been able to eat beef and likely won’t be able to until I’m done breastfeeding. It makes him very gassy and fussy! So I adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker and made it with turkey burger (& a couple other changes) to get my burger fix! I cooked this in my deep cast iron skillet, if you don’t have one though you can just use a frying pan and then a casserole dish. All the ingredients you need are:
- 1 lb of Turkey burger
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 14 ounces of frozen fries (I used steak cut)
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees while you:
- Brown turkey burger and onion.
- Stir in flour and tomatoes and cook another couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in Dijon mustard. Top with cheese.
- Place fries over the burger mixture in a single layer and bake for about 20 minutes.
Hope you love it!