I wanted to make macaroni and cheese with ham and tomato, and I found recipes that included ham, and ones that included tomatoes… but didn’t find one that included both. (I didn’t do an extensive search, I’m sure they are out there.) So I took this recipe from food.com and added tomatoes, as well as a couple other changes.
Here’s what you need:
- 8 ounces of macaroni (I used medium shells)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 8 ounces of ham steak
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
And here are my simple instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you cook macaroni on stove top according to instructions on box, drain.
- Stir 1 and 1/4 cup of cheese in with macaroni, then the egg, sour cream, cottage cheese, ham and tomato.
- Place all in a baking dish (sprayed with non stick spray) and top with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
That’s all, super easy, super yummy! Hope you like it!