My experimentation with seafood continues. This time: perch! I’ve never cooked with perch before and couldn’t remember if I’d ever eaten it. I liked it, but I admit it was fishier than I expected. For a milder fish taste I think this recipe would work equally well with tilapia.
I got my “base recipe” from Betty Crocker, and then made modifications. Here is all I used:
- 1 pound of perch (divided into 4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon rosemary seasoning
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
To make it simply:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon rosemary seasoning and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread the melted butter onto the perch and then cover the perch in breadcrumb mixture.
- Put perch on baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Hope you like it!