My experimentation with seafood continues. This time: perch! I’ve never cooked with perch before and couldn’t remember if I’d ever eaten it. I liked it, but I admit it was fishier than I expected. For a milder fish taste I think this recipe would work equally well with tilapia.
I got my “base recipe” from Betty Crocker, and then made modifications. Here is all I used:
- 1 pound of perch (divided into 4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon rosemary seasoning
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
To make it simply:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon rosemary seasoning and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread the melted butter onto the perch and then cover the perch in breadcrumb mixture.
- Put perch on baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Hope you like it!
Another easy seafood success, my hubby loved this one. All you need is:
- 10 oz salmon
- 1.5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
Preheat the oven to 450. Poke salmon filets with a fork a few times and then lightly salt and pepper them. Mix melted butter with bbq sauce and spread over the salmon. Top with garlic. Bake for about half an hour.
After 6 days of the stomach bug, it was nice to make a real meal again! Tilapia seemed the perfect, light comfort food for our newly healthy tummies. I make this meal in foil packets for each serving, so below are ingredients and instructions for a single serving. Obviously multiply by however many people you wish to feed. 🙂
- 3 oz tilapia filet
- 1/2 tsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 a chopped tomato
- Pepper and old bay seasoning to taste
Preheat oven to 425. Place tilapia on tinfoil and top with all other ingredients. Wrap tinfoil around the tilapia and cook for about 20 minutes.
And yes I had mine with a side of onion rings. Because they cook at the same temperature. 😉
I have always been a big fan of seafood, but for a very long time I was scared of cooking it. But it’s not scary! In fact, here is one of the easiest dishes I’ve made. And besides 2 tilapia filets, you likely have all the ingredients in your house already. All you need is:
2 tilapia filets
16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli
1/2 tablespoon of butter
Pepper, garlic salt and old bay seasoning
And here’s all you do:
- Preheat oven at 425
- Spray a baking dish with non stick and put 2 tilapia filets in it
- Put butter on top of fillets and then surround with veggies
- Season with pepper,garlic salt and old bay
- Cook for 25-30 minutes
So very easy, so very yummy. My favorite thing about it is it tastes so light! I was completely full when done with my meal, but didn’t have that yucky overly full feeling that I often get after meals that are heavy on the carbs.