I got this recipe from food.com, and as always made my own modifications. For the original recipe, click here. For my version all you need is:
- 1 lb turkey burger
- 2/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 14.75 ounce can of creamed corn
- 2 cups of four cheese mashed potatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the 1st 6 ingredients and pat into a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with creamed corn and mashed potatoes. Cook 20 more minutes.
Since having Lennon I haven’t been able to eat beef and likely won’t be able to until I’m done breastfeeding. It makes him very gassy and fussy! So I adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker and made it with turkey burger (& a couple other changes) to get my burger fix! I cooked this in my deep cast iron skillet, if you don’t have one though you can just use a frying pan and then a casserole dish. All the ingredients you need are:
- 1 lb of Turkey burger
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 14 ounces of frozen fries (I used steak cut)
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees while you:
- Brown turkey burger and onion.
- Stir in flour and tomatoes and cook another couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in Dijon mustard. Top with cheese.
- Place fries over the burger mixture in a single layer and bake for about 20 minutes.
Hope you love it!
A mexican spin on one of my favorite comfort foods!
1 lb ground turkey sprinkled with pepper and garlic salt
1 diced onion
8 oz of salsa
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours. Put on bread. (I put a slice of cheese on the bread. Because when don’t I add cheese to a meal?!)
My hubby also discovered that this makes good nachos. Put over tortilla chips with shredded cheese.